Physical Education (PE), Sport and Fitness Development 2013-2016
We are delighted to share with you our overview for the development of Physical Education, Sport and Fitness in our school.
Following the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Government aimed to secure a significant and lasting legacy; developing an enjoyment of sport and physical activity, and promoting a healthy lifestyle in children from an early age, were identified as vital aspects. To support this, the Prime Minister provided significant additional funding for primary schools.
We have since received £9,327 as our allocated grant, ring-fenced for PE, sport and fitness.
We are currently in the High Peak Sports partnership and we are committed to raising pupil achievement in, and enjoyment of PE and Sport, building on the existing good practice in our school.
As a result of sports funding, our children benefit from:
- The expertise of qualified sports coaches in a range of sports.
- Provision of a number of after school clubs throughout the year including multi-skills, outdoor pursuits and cricket.
- Sports/Social and Communication intervention to develop team work/skills
- Provision of supply cover for scooter training and
- Provision of transport to local Bikeability sporting events.