Special Educational Needs and Disability
Our Special Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCO) is Miss Laura Foley.
Taken from St Anne's SEND Policy and SEND Information Report
At St Anne's Primary Catholic Academy we embrace the fact that every child is different and we do not discriminate against SEND pupils.
Statement of Intent
It is the aim of this school to provide every child with the best education possible. Our Objective in setting out the school's Special Educational Needs Policy is to make everyone aware that we want all pupils to benefit as fully as possible from the education provided within the school.
We cater for pupils who experience difficulties in:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Emotional and social development
- Sensory and/ or physical and medical conditions
Aims and Objectives for 2018/19
- To identify pupils with special educational needs as early as possible and that their needs are met.
- To have in place systems whereby teachers are aware of such pupils.
- To provide all our children with a broad and balanced curriculum that is differentiated to the needs and ability of the individual.
- To be sympathetic to each child's needs by providing a strong partnership between children, parents, governors, Local authority and outside agencies.
- To ensure all pupils make effective progress and realise their full potential.
- To ensure all pupils take a full and active part in school life.
- To work with other schools to share good practise in order to improve this policy. '
St Anne's SEND Policy is complicit with the statutory requirement laid out in the SEND Code of Practise 0-25 September 2014 and has been written in reference to the following guidance:
As a school we use a variety of interventions and approaches to address specific areas of need and would look carefully at your child’s individual needs when deciding how best to support your child. Our staff are experienced and well trained in many aspects of Special Educational Needs and in educational interventions. We also receive advice and support from many external agencies from the Health Services, Social Services and MAT Team.
For further information relating to the support available within school and for affected families please read our SEND Information Report.