Free School Meals
From September 2014, Free School Meals are available for Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 children
Could your child be eligible for free school meals?
Click here and fill in the relevant forms on-line.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you (or the young person themselves, where appropriate) get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
You could save £400 a year for each child and your children could benefit from a good hot meal at lunchtime. The school will benefit too − they'll get the pupil premium of £1,300 a year from the government for each child on free school meals.
You don't need to worry about other children knowing your child gets free school meals, only the school and catering staff will know.