A Helping Hand
Everyone needs a helping hand at Christmas and in 2020 that’s more true than ever…..
At St. Annes school we haven't been able to run any of the normal PTA fundraising events, so this year, instead of asking for donations for school, we’re asking for donations for the Community.
For many families this year, Christmas will be hard, wanting to provide for their families and put those special gifts under the tree for their children, but without the means to do so. We are teaming up with a variety of local organisations who are supporting these families, such as the Food Bank, Connex, Christmas in the Community. The idea is that the Source Cafe will become a temporary Christmas Shop for families on low incomes. It will be a safe space where they can be referred to make an appointment and choose gifts for their family without judgement or prejudice. Toys and gifts will be available at a fraction of the retail price and all money received through the sale of good will be donated to The Food Bank.
Where do you come in? We need your donations to stock the Christmas Shop.
Volunteers will be outside St. Anne's CVA (in the front car park area), next Wednesday 18th at 8:30 and Friday 20th at 14:45 to collect any donations you have of the following:
1) Food items for the Food Bank - we’re checking if they have any particular requirements at the moment
2) Clean, pre-owned, good condition second hand toys. These MUST NOT have any obvious damage or pieces missing. Remember they are being gifted as a present to another child
3) Pre-owned new items or new donated items of toys or clothes
4) Small stocking filler items
5) Pre-owned clothes. These MUST be in good condition, with no staining, damage, missing buttons etc. In particular we’re looking for winter coats, jumpers, party dresses, smart shirts / tops, new pyjamas. Something special for a child to wear.
6) Books - any books that are suitable for a Primary School library will be donated to St Mary’s CVA who lost their library collection in the fire in September.
Keep an eye on here for future posts. Any questions please ask, otherwise we hope to see you next Wednesday with your donations.
All donations will be handled in line with Covid regulations. Donations CANNOT be left at school at any other time other than those specified as school has no means for storing items.